From 6 October Te Kauwhata Library and Office will be open late every Thursday.
Council is committed to providing additional core council and library services, and having a late night will give our residents more options, says Customer Delivery Manager Angela Parquist.
The new Thursday hours will be 9am – 8pm.
“People who previously couldn’t get to a library during normal business hours will be able to use the once a week late night service.”
“Come along and try out our tablets, check out our range of books, or speak to a council representative. Our late nights are also ideal for groups wanting to use the library for their meetings.”
Earlier this year Council extended the hours to its Ngaruawahia, Raglan and Tuakau libraries and statistics show that the late nights have proved popular.
“As the weather warms up we are seeing customer numbers increase at our Tuakau and Raglan sites and Ngaruawahia is seeing an additional 50 customers come through the door, on average, as a result of extended hours.”
From 24 November, Huntly will also be open late on Thursday.
All library and office hours can be found on our website: https://www.waikatodistrict.govt.nz/services-facilities/libraries/library-locations-and-opening-hours
Hours at Waikato District Libraries:
· Huntly office and library: Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm, Saturday 9:30am to 12:30pm (library services only)
· Meremere library: Monday - Friday 9am to midday, Wednesday 2pm to 5pm
· Ngaruawahia library: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9am to 5pm, Wednesday 9am to 8pm, Saturday 9.30am to 12.30pm
· Raglan office and library: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9am to 5pm, Wednesday 9am to 8pm, Saturday 9.30am to 12.30pm (library services only).
· Te Kauwhata office and library: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 9am to 5pm, Thursday 9am to 8pm, Saturday 9.30am to 12.30pm (library services only).
· Tuakau library: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 9am to 5pm, Thursday 9am to 8pm, Saturday 9.30am to 12.30pm
[Note: Huntly Library will be closed from 15 to 24 October].