• Waikato District Council Dog Control Policy 2007
• Franklin District Council Policy on Dogs 2008
• Waikato District Council Dog Control Bylaw 2007
• Franklin District Council Dog Control Bylaw 2010
The key changes from the previous policies and bylaws are:
• Combining the former Franklin area and Waikato District Council Bylaws.
• Lifting the ban of dogs on the main streets for Raglan, Tuakau and Te Kauwhata.
• Including a restriction of one dog per unit in a multi-unit development (a permit must be attained to exceed this).
• Minor changes to dog exercise areas: Les Batkin Reserve and Kopua Reserve, Raglan.
Keeping of Animals Bylaw 2015
Waikato District Council has adopted the Waikato District Council Keeping of Animals Bylaw 2015. This will come into force on 1 May 2015 and the following Bylaws will be revoked:
• Waikato District Council Keeping of Animals Bylaw 2007
• Franklin District Council Keeping of Animals, Poultry and Bees Bylaw 2007
This Bylaw outlines rules around keeping animals other than dogs on your property.
Copies of these documents can be viewed on Council’s website, or at any Council office or library.