Development contribution levies are paid by developers for the portion of Council infrastructure required to support growth.
The recent review of Council’s Development Contributions Policy clarified the technical aspects of Council’s existing development contribution regime and ensured that the policy complied with the legislative changes. This process did not result in a major change of the 2015/16 Development Contributions Policy, although the appendices need to be updated to align with the assumptions and work programmes within Council’s 2015-2025 Long Term Plan.
A copy of the appendices can be viewed:
At our area offices
- Waikato District Council, 15 Galileo Street, Ngaruawahia
- Huntly Office, 142 Main Street, Huntly
- Raglan Office, 7 Bow Street, Raglan
- Tuakau Office, 2 Dominion Road, Tuakau
- Te Kauwhata Office, 1 Main Road, Te Kauwhata
Submissions can be made by:
- Waikato District Council, Private Bag 544, Ngaruawahia 3742
- Ngaruawahia, Huntly, Raglan, Tuakau or Te Kauwhata office
- Consult@waikato.govt.nz (subject heading: ‘DC Policy Appendices Submission’
Important dates to remember:
Wednesday 29th July 2015 – Submissions open
Wednesday 26th August 2015 – Submissions close
Wednesday 9th September – Present submissions in person
Council welcomes your submission on the proposed changes.