Proposed Plan Change 19: Election Signs – District-Wide, involves the removal of all provisions (rules and methods) regarding election signage for local body elections that are embodied in the Waikato and Franklin Sections of the Operative Waikato District Plan. It is intended that the District Plan rules will be replaced by a district wide Public Places bylaw, which is currently being developed by Council.
Details of the Plan Change can be viewed on the Council’s website www.waikatodistrict.govt/sayit or in Council offices and libraries from 17 October 2015.
Have your say by 4.00pm 16 November 2015
Make a submission by:
• entering it online at www.waikatodistrict.govt.nz/sayit
• emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org
• posting it to Waikato District Council, 15 Galileo Street, Ngaruawahia 3720
• faxing it to 07 824 8091
• delivering it to any Council Office or library.
Please contact Katherine Overwater 0800 492 452 if you have any questions about the plan change.
Any person may make a submission on the proposed plan change, however if the person could gain an advantage in trade competition through the submission, then the person may do so only if the person is directly affected by an effect of the proposed Plan Change 19 that:
• adversely affects the environment; and
• does not relate to trade competition or the effects of trade competition
The submission must be on Form 5 and must state whether or not you wish to be heard on your submission. Forms for this purpose may be obtained from Council offices/libraries/website or by emailing email@example.com
The process for public participation in the consideration of the plan change is as follows:
• After the closing date for submissions, the Council must prepare a summary of the submissions and this summary must be publicly notified;
• There must be an opportunity to make a further submission in support of, or in opposition to, the submissions already made;
• If a person making a submission asks to be heard in support of his or her submission, a hearing must be held;
• Waikato District Council must give its decisions on the proposal (including its reasons for accepting or rejecting submissions);
• Any person who has made a submission has the right to appeal the decision on the proposal to the Environment Court.
All submissions must be received on or before 4.00pm 16 November 2015.
Signed on behalf of Waikato District Council
G J Ion
This notice given under Clause 5 of the First Schedule of the Resource Management Act 1991 on 15 October 2015