The policy sets out to consistently manage the maintenance of grass verges in our district.
The draft Grass Verge Policy states that the maintenance of grass verges is the responsibility of the connecting property owner. However, there are exemptions. If the connecting land owner is ill, elderly, has a steep grass verge or if the grass verge is over 300m², an application can be made to Council. If approved, Council will maintain the connecting grass verge.
For further information, or a copy of the draft policy or submission form – visit www.waikatodistrict.govt.nz or any Council office or library.
Have your say by 5pm, 8 April 2016.
Tell us what you think about what we’re proposing. Make a submission by:
• entering it online at www.waikatodistrict.govt.nz/sayit
• emailing it to email@example.com
• posting it to Waikato District Council, 15 Galileo Street, Ngaruawahia 3720
• faxing it to (07) 824 8091
• delivering it to any Council Office or library.