Notice is hereby given that the Waikato District Council, for the purpose of 10th Annual Coronation Celebrations of King Tuheitia proposes to close River Road to ordinary traffic on the dates shown below. Detours will be in place for the duration of the closure and we advise to follow the signs posted.
Access will be provided for emergency services.
Dates and Times:
- Wednesday 17th August: 6 am – 3 pm
- Thursday 18th August: 6 am – 3 pm
- Friday 19st August: 6 am – 3 pm
- Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st August 2016: 8 am – 4 pm
- Sunday 21st Regent St will be closed for the Powhiri: 8am – 11am.
Note that each day the road may be re-opened earlier, dependent on pedestrian numbers.
This notice is given pursuant to the Tenth Schedule of the Local Government Act 1974.
G J Ion