Skip to content

Alcohol licensing public notices

Paanui mo ngaa Raihana Waipiro

We've moved our licence public notification process online to make it simpler and more cost-effective for applicants.

This means when you make an application for a new licence or renewal of licence, you will no longer be required to place a public notice in the local newspaper if you use the online option.

A fee of $87.00 will apply.

If you still need more information, please contact us​ or email us​.​

Current alcohol licensing public notices

All public notices will remain on the website for at least 20 working days after publication. The process for making an objection to an application remains the same. ​

Application for renewal and variation of hours of club licence - Newstead Sports and Social Club Incorporated

Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012
Newstead Sports and Social Club Incorporated, 605 Ruakura Road, Newstead has made application to the District Licensing Committee at Ngaruawahia for renewal of club licence in respect of the premises situated at LIC- 605 Ruakura Road Newstead and known as Newstead Sports and Social Club.
The general nature of the business to be conducted under the licence is: Sports and Social Club.
The days on which and the hours during which alcohol is intended to be sold under the licence are: 
 Current hours: Monday to Sunday 12.00 midday to 12.00 midnight
 Proposed hours: Monday to Sunday 10.00am to 2.00am the following day
The application may be inspected during ordinary office hours at the office of the Waikato District Council, 15 Galileo Street, Ngaruawahia.
Any person who is entitled to object and who wishes to object to the issue of the licence may, not later than 15 working days after the date of the first publication of this notice, file a notice in writing of the objection with the Secretary of the District Licensing Committee at Waikato District Council, Private Bag 544, Ngaruawahia, 3742.
No objections to the issue of a licence may be made in relation to a matter other than a matter specified in section 131 of the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012.