Love Food Hate Waste
Love Food Hate Waste has put together some tips to help you reduce food waste when you are cooking.
- Plan your meals
- Purchase ingredients that can be used in lots of meals
- Be realistic about what you need - especially with fruit and vegetables
- Buy dry goods (couscous, oats), spices, dried fruits nuts and snack foods from bulk food stores
- Choose frozen vegetables
- Go for prepared meals to reduce the waste of leftover unused ingredients
- Divide and conquer by keeping bread in the freezer, freeze half of your cheese and freeze the milk you won't use up!
- Portion meat before freezing it
- Freeze everything, you can take this quiz if you're not sure which foods can be frozen, take our quiz
- Cook once, reheat all week
- Get to know what you need
- Have a good rotation of go-to meals
- Want to bake but don't want to eat a whole cake?
Find out more tips at www.lovefoodhatewaste.co.nz
Check out some more meal ideas in the Summer Easy Choice cookbook.