The Natural Hazard Maps show the spatial extent of each of the hazard areas and include:
- Flood Plain Management Area
- Huntly South Ponding Area
- High Risk Flood Area
- High Risk Coastal Hazard (Flood) Area
- Coastal Sensitivity Area (Flood)
- High Risk Coastal Hazard (Erosion) Area
- Coastal Sensitivity Area (Erosion)
- Huntly Subsidence Risk Area
You can view the Draft Natural Hazard maps online via our Intramaps tool or download the individual area maps from the list below.
The Defended areas have not been mapped in the draft planning maps. To view these areas, you will need to use the Waikato Regional Hazards Portal and then click on the tab for Lower Waikato defended areas. The rules in this draft only relate to 1% annual exceedance probability (AEP) defended areas.
View the Regional Hazards Portal
Natural hazard maps by area