We know many of you are still without power following the storm. For those who are on your own tank water supply, here are some locations where you can stock up on drinking water.
While the water is from our treated supply and is safe to drink, the water could get contaminated in your container so make sure it’s clean.
Take your container to:
- Tuakau Library – on town hall wall opposite entrance
- Huntly Library – at the back of the library
- Bollard Dump Station, Bollard Rd, Tuakau – drinking water tap marked
- Raglan Library – back of the library
- Ngaruawahia Office – Martin St car park
- Naike Hall
- Te Kauwhata Library – righthand side of library
- Matangi Hall
- Gordonton Hall
- Onewhero Domain – freedom camping area (please boil before use).
Also while all roads are now open around the district, there is still a lot of clear-up to do but the crews are working as quickly as possible to do so.