Do you understand the needs of your community and have experience in alcohol licensing?
Do you want to be involved in making decisions on how alcohol is sold and supplied in the Waikato?
Waikato District Council requires new members for its District Licensing Committee to help make decisions on alcohol licensing applications. Interested parties who meet the following criteria are invited to apply.
- You must understand community expectations around alcohol licencing
- You can’t be involved in the alcohol industry or have any appearance of bias
- You must have experience in decision making relevant to alcohol licensing
- You must have strong communications skills, be objective and analytical
- You must have knowledge of the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 and the harm caused by alcohol.
More information on the role and skills required is available in the competency guidance document available at: http://www.lgnz.co.nz/assets/Uploads/DLC-Competency-guide-for-DLC-Members-updated-January-2015.pdf
Further technical guidance and training will be provided for the successful applicant(s).
Applications close Friday 24 March 2017
Send your CV and covering letter to the Secretary of the Waikato District Licensing Committee at:
Waikato District Council
Private Bag 544
Attention: Roger MacCulloch
Or by email to Roger.MacCulloch@waidc.govt.nz
You can also contact Roger MacCulloch for more information on 07 824 8633.