Surveyors will start assessing Council-owned buildings throughout the district next week.
The work ensures that all buildings in our portfolio have been condition-assessed in preparation for the 2024-2034 Long Term Plan (LTP).
We’ll be sending qualified surveyors to all council-owned buildings, and they will:
- Inspect all the components that make up a building, eg. external wall cladding, carpets.
- Undertake this visual inspection on a room-by-room basis.
- Apply a rating on a 1 (Very Good) - 5 (Very Poor) scale depending what condition the component is in.
- Take photos of the components to provide evidence of the current condition.
- Submit the findings back to the Community Assets Team
This will enable the Community Assets Team to provide an accurate renewal programme on what needs to be done and when.
It will also provide a basis for the maintenance schedules for each of the buildings.
Surveyors are starting in Huntly, at the aquatic centre and town hall, and will work their way through the district for the next three months.