With nine pit stops completed and nine to go, the Waikato District Council team is half way through their community road trip to review the District Plan.
The team is travelling across the district to chat to locals about the way land is used, developed and subdivided.
Tony Whittaker, General Manager Strategy and Support explains “Since 2 June we’ve travelled from Raglan to Te Akau and chatted with over 100 community members about a variety of District Plan topics.”
Key topics raised so far are:
- Provision for subdivision in rural areas
- smaller lot sizes in Country Living Zones
- a choice of lot sizes in urban areas
- protection of rural land for productive activities
- planning for sustainable rural communities
- protection and restoration of Tamahere gully systems to increase ecological values, biodiversity and recreation
- provision for cycleway/walkway networks
- implications of hazard mapping
- home based businesses
- providing for retirement villages outside urban areas
- encourage Papakainga development
- buffers between new quarries and residential areas
- road boundary building setbacks
- considering social development.
"If you haven’t attended a drop-in session yet we encourage everyone to come along and discuss any topic in the District Plan that’s important to you.”
Thoughts and ideas can also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
All ideas and suggestions made by Waikato residents in online conversations and at the drop-in sessions will guide the review of the current District Plan.
Where are we heading next?
|Matangi||Tuesday 23 June||Matangi School Library||3-6pm|
|Huntly||Wednesday 24 June||Riverside Room||3-7pm|
|Tuakau||Thursday 25 June||Tuakau War Memorial Hall||3-7pm|
|Waerenga||Tuesday 30 June||Waerenga Hall Society||12.30-3.30pm|
|Mangatangi||Wednesday 1 July||Mangatangi Hall||2-6pm|
|Pokeno||Thursday 2 July||Pokeno Hall||3-7pm|
|Te Kauwhata||Tuesday 7 July||Te Kauwhata Rugby Club||3-6.30pm|
|Port Waikato||Wednesday 8 July||Oraeroa Marae||3-6pm|
|Otaua||Thursday 9 July||Otaua Hall||3-6pm|
Follow the journey and join our online conversations
For more information please contact:
Waikato District Council
07 824 8633 Extn: 5649
027 889 3084