Waikato District Council is seeking feedback on the following proposed Bylaws:
- Proposed Reserves and Beaches Bylaw; and
- Proposed Cemeteries Bylaw.
Proposed Reserves and Beaches Bylaw
The key changes to the proposed Reserves and Beaches Bylaw are:
- Combining both the previous Franklin District Council Beach Control Bylaw 2006 and Waikato District Council Reserves and Beaches Bylaw 2008
- Introduction to a consistent approach with neighbouring Auckland Council in dealing with vehicles on beaches throughout the District.
Proposed Cemeteries Bylaw
The key changes to the proposed Cemeteries Bylaw are:
- Combining both the previous Franklin District Council Cemeteries Bylaw 2008 and Waikato District Council Cemeteries and Crematoria Bylaw 2008
- Only Monumental Masons to undertake monument works in all cemeteries
- Clarifying the number of plots that can be pre-purchased.
For further information, copies of the statement of proposals, proposed bylaws and submission forms – visit www.waikatodistrict.govt.nz or any Council office or library.
Have your say by 5pm, 20 May 2016
Tell us what you think about what we’re proposing. Make a submission by:
- entering it online at www.waikatodistrict.govt.nz/sayit
- emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- posting it to Waikato District Council, 15 Galileo Street, Ngaruawahia 3720
- faxing it to (07) 824 8091
- delivering it to any Council Office or library.
A separate hearing will be held for each of these bylaw reviews if you wish to present your submission in person.
If you have any queries/require further information about this notice please contact Shelley Monrad or Melissa Russo on 0800 492 452.