Waikato District Plan
The Waikato District Council has prepared the following Plan Change to the Waikato District Plan.
Plan Change 17 proposes to rezone the following properties in:
- Ngaruawahia – River Road, Galileo Street, Great South Road, Rangimarie Road, Havelock Road;
- Horotiu – Great South Road, Washer Road, Kernott Road, Horotiu Bridge Road;
- Te Kowhai – Te Kowhai Road, Horotiu Road, Ngaruawahia Road;
- Taupiri – Great South Road, Gordonton Road, Murphy Lane;
- Glen Massey – Waingaro Road.
Details of the Plan Change can be viewed on the Council’s website www.waikatodistrict.govt/sayit or in Council offices and libraries from 15 April 2016.
Have your say by 4.00pm 16 May 2016
Make a submission by:
- entering it online at www.waikatodistrict.govt.nz/sayit
- emailing it to email@example.com
- posting it to Waikato District Council, 15 Galileo Street, Ngaruawahia 3720
- faxing it to 07 824 8091
- delivering it to any Council Office or library.
Please contact Betty Connolly 0800 492 452 if you have any questions about the plan change.
Any person may make a submission on the proposed plan change, however if the person could gain an advantage in trade competition through the submission, then the person may do so only if the person is directly affected by an effect of the proposed Plan Change 17 that:
- adversely affects the environment; and
- does not relate to trade competition or the effects of trade competition
The submission must be on Form 5 and must state whether or not you wish to be heard on your submission. Forms for this purpose may be obtained from Council offices/libraries/website or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The process for public participation in the consideration of the plan change is as follows:
- After the closing date for submissions, the Council must prepare a summary of the submissions and this summary must be publicly notified;
- There must be an opportunity to make a further submission in support of, or in opposition to, the submissions already made;
- If a person making a submission asks to be heard in support of his or her submission, a hearing must be held;
- Waikato District Council must give its decisions on the proposal (including its reasons for accepting or rejecting submissions);
- Any person who has made a submission has the right to appeal the decision on the proposal to the Environment Court.
All submissions must be received on or before 4.00pm 16 May 2016.