Got a new hobby? Want to learn something new, explore and play?
We have a range of kits for you to borrow so that you can try something new, without having to buy the material or gear yourself. There’s something for everyone – from musical instruments to science and DIY.
- Cost: $2 to hire for one week
- Kits must be returned to the library they were borrowed from
List of Kits available:
Terms and Conditions
When you borrow a kit, you are responsible for:
- Reading and following any instructions included with this kit
- Returning it by the due date, clean and in the same condition as when you borrowed it
- Any loss, theft or damage that occurs to the kit while it is on loan to you (ask at the issue desk for a price list of the items included in this kit)
- Using items in this kit in a safe and proper manner, and only for the purposes for which it is intended and/or as set out in the instructions. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Waikato District Libraries assumes no responsibility or liability for any injuries, damage to self, others or property as a result of any use or reliance on the kit you have borrowed. Nothing in this disclaimer is intended to limit your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
- If you discover a fault with the kit or if it is damaged, please stop using it immediately and return it to your library.