We are reviewing the Public Places Bylaw and want to know if the rules around activities in public places are right for you. Submissions close on Monday 30 November.
You can visit www.waikatodistrict.govt.nz or any Waikato District Council office or library to view the statement of proposal, proposed bylaw and make a submission to have your say.
The review will address parking restrictions and time limits, the use of skateboards, roller blades and bikes in town and the rules around activities taking place along the main streets.
This review will also look at the current rules for licensing people that trade in a public place which includes mobile traders such as coffee carts and fruit and vegetable stalls.
Sue Duignan, General Manager Customer Support, says feedback is important because the rules affect everyone.
“Parking regulations and restricting the use of roller blades and skateboards in the main streets are rules that have been designed to enhance community safety”, she said.
Proposed parking changes include:
- Huntly – an increase in parking time limits on parts of Main Road and Station Place.
- Raglan - the removal of one boat trailer park to make four new car parks at the wharf.
- Ngaruawahia – proposed 120 minute time limits to car parks on one side of Martin Street.
“Whether you agree or disagree - tell us so we can make the right decision for your town”, Ms Duignan said. Tell us what you think about what we’re proposing. You have until 30 November to make a submission.
You can do this by:
- Online: www.waikatodistrict.govt.nz/sayit , (or view our Have Your Say page)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Waikato District Council
Attn: Corporate Planner
Private Bag 544
- Deliver: to any Council Office or library.
For more information please contact:
Senior Communications Advisor
Waikato District Council
07 824 8633 Extn: 5649
027 836 2401