Waikato District Council is seeking feedback on the draft Local Alcohol Policy.
This policy sets alcohol licensing criteria for when, where and how alcohol is sold in the district. Licensing bodies must consider the policy when they make decisions about alcohol licensing applications.
Proposed changes to the policy are:
- Restrictions on standalone bottle stores in some parts of the district;
- A new discretionary condition has been added prohibiting off-licences from being able to offer ‘buy now pay later’ schemes;
- A definition of ‘site’ has been included to avoid any confusion as to what constitutes a site;
- Additional clarity has been provided where there is a requirement for there to be a certain distance between a proposed licensed premises and an existing facility or other licensed premises;
- For special licences, the provision prohibiting a one way door condition applying earlier than two hours before the conclusion of the event has been removed; and
- Two new clauses related to remote sales have been added noting when alcohol can be bought online and delivered and who receives the delivery of alcohol.
For copies of the statement of proposal and submission form visit www.waikatodistrict.govt.nz or any Council office.