Skip to content

Appeal building consent decision

When you can’t agree with a council's decision about building work, a determination by Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) can help you solve the problem. 

A determination is a binding decision made by the Building System Performance of MBIE to solve disputes or questions about the rules that apply to buildings, how buildings are used, building accessibility, and health and safety. Visit the Building System Performance (MBIE) website for further information on this service.