Got an idea? Maybe you want to build a new house or subdivide your property? In this section you will find information that will help you get started.

In this section
  • Duty planner service

    Our duty planners can provide planning information such as zoning, rules relevant to that zone and advice on how to apply for resource consent(s) in order to facilitate development projects on specific properties.

  • What can I do in my zone?

    Under the Waikato District Plan, zones manage how different areas are used, developed or protected. Find out more about zones and the rules.

  • Can I subdivide my property?

    Find out if you can subdivide your property and who to contact to help.

  • How close to the boundary can I build?

    To find out how close to a boundary you can build you will need to know the setback rules that apply to your property.

  • When is a building consent required?

    Find out when a building consent is needed and who to contact to help.

  • What does the Resource Consents team do?

    Find out what our Resource Consent team does and how they can help you with your project.

  • What does the Building Quality team do?

    Find out what our Building Quality team does and how they can help you with your project.

  • Project Information Memorandum (PIM)

    A Project Information Memorandum (PIM) report helps to identify the feasibility of a specific project on a piece of land. Find out more information and how to apply.

  • Ask for guidance

    We are here to help with your project. Find out what we can help with and how to contact us.

  • The cost

    Find out more about how much your project may cost and what to do to potentially save time and money.