COVID-19 recycling collection updates
As waste is an essential service and we want to ensure these services continue there are some changes to ensure our drivers and runners are safe so please place your waste and recycling to the kerbside in the following way.
All items are to be washed clean (wash it like you would your dishes) - this is due to our awesome contractors not being able to handle the items for their health and safety during this time.
- Glass in one crate
- Tins, cans and plastics (labelled 1, 2 and 5)in the other crate.
- Secured and flattened cardboard/paper should go between or under a crate or in a cardboard box not in the crate.
- If you only have one crate, please rotate your recycling. Glass one week and plastic, tins and cans the next week.
Huntly Transfer Station and Te Kauwhata Transfer Station are now open. Normal operating hours at both sites have resumed. Both sites will only be accepting rubbish and greenwaste. At this stage no recycling will be accepted, but we are working with the contractors to restart this service as soon as possible.
The monthly Glen Murray recycling drop off started up again on May 9 (8:30am-12:30pm).
Due to COVID-19 Alert Level 1, there will be some changes so please be patient on the day as it may take longer than normal. We want to make sure your recycling can be collected, but we need to make sure our drivers and runners are safe.
- Please ensure your glass is clean and separated from the rest or your recycling and the containers you bring your glass in aren’t too heavy. Our drivers need to lift them safely
- Keep you tins, cans, and household plastic #1, 2, and 5 together and clean
- We’re sorry, but unfortunately we can’t take paper or cardboard this month
- There will be traffic management on site. Please follow their direction
- We’ll be recording your details so we can pass these along for contact tracing if needed
Xtreme Zero Waste
Te Hutewai Road Resource Recovery Centre has opened as of Thursday 14 May and will continue with normal opening hours (Monday – Friday 12.30pm – 5pm and Saturday - Sunday 10am -5pm – no drop offs after 4.30pm). Please follow the Xtreme guidelines on site
Xtreme’s rural drop off at Te Mata and Te Uku has also resumed from Thursday 14 May. All recycling needs to be washed clean please
All miniskips have been removed from the rural collection road ends, and the standard collection will start again next week.