Note that the lodgement fee for a resource consents pre-application service is $370.00.
This service includes one hour at no cost for work carried out by a Planner and up to two technical experts. Any additional time over and above the one hour free time will be charged at the relevant officer's hourly rate in accordance with the fees and charges schedule. It is possible that the charges for your pre-application request could exceed the lodgment fee paid.
The costs related to this service include but are not limited to administration, research, meeting time, writing and distribution of notes and any additional meetings.
How you will benefit
Using the resource consents pre-application service means you save time and money in the long run by:
- enabling you to address any issues before you finalise your designs/proposal
- reducing the likelihood of you being asked for more information
- providing an opportunity for you to work with Council to produce good quality outcomes and build relationships.
You can expect to receive a variety of advice and feedback through our resource consents pre-application service, depending on what you need to know. This may include (but not be limited to):
- information on infrastructure and services in relation to your proposal
- advice on development contributions
- advice on notification matters (when possible)
- advice on the types of resource consents that may be required for projects and any requirements of the National Environmental Standards (NES) under the RMA which might apply to your proposal
- advice on the level of information required to ensure that applications are of an acceptable standard (i.e. containing information that is compatible with the complexity and scale of the application).