Our pre-application service is currently unavailable due to an unprecedented demand on our consenting team.
The combination of rapid growth across our district, the release of the Proposed District Plan, and staff shortages due to COVID-19 has resulted in us needing to pause this service for at least the next 4 months starting from 25 March 2022. We will review this again at that time.
We understand that this will be disappointing but ask for your patience as our staff are working hard to process your applications and enquiries.
There are several ways you can help minimise delays with processing your resource consent applications:
- Check out the Ministry for the Environment’s online resource consent guide.
- Request information Council holds on property files, by lodging a Property Information Request.
- Contact our Duty Planning services for information and advice on how to lodge an application. Please note for the same reasons as above, our levels of service may extend beyond our current five day service.
- Ensure every part of the application form is complete, and you have attached all the required documents that support it.
- If you are unsure about the process or information required, or have a complex proposal, we recommend you hire a professional planning consultant or surveyor to assist with your application.