Office and library hours
All of our offices and libraries will be closed from 3pm on Thursday, 24 December and will reopen on Monday, 11 January.
Rubbish and recycling collection changes during the holidays (excludes Raglan)
and recycling collection times may change on your rubbish day as our
contractors deal with more waste during summer, so please ensure your stuff is
out on the kerb by 7.30am.
- 21 – 24 December – no changes
- Friday, 25 December – changes to Saturday, 26 December
- Sunday, 27 December – no change to Port Waikato collection
- 28 – 31 December – no changes to collections
- Friday, 1 January – collection changes to Saturday, 2 January
- Sunday, 3 January – no change to Port Waikato collection
- Monday, 4 January – changes to Tuesday
- Tuesday, 5 January – changes to Wednesday
- Wednesday, 6 January – changes to Thursday
- Thursday, 7 January – changes to Friday
- Friday, 8 January – changes to Saturday.
All collections return to normal days after 9 January.
Raglan collection changes
- Tuesday, 22 December and Wednesday, 23 December collections - changes to Monday 21 December
- Thursday, 24 December collection and rural kerbside (Xtreme bags) - changes to Tuesday, 22 December
- Friday, 25 December collection - changes to Wednesday, 23 December
- 24 – 28 December no collections
- Tuesday, 29 December and Wednesday, 30 December collection - changes to Tuesday, 29 December
- Thursday, 31 December collection - changes to Wednesday, 30 December
- Friday collection - changes to Thursday, 31 December.
Rural kerb Xtreme bags will be pick up on Tuesday, 22 December.
Collections return to normal from 1 January.
View transfer station holiday hours.
Building consent processing changes
The Building Act 2004 gives a Building Consent Authority 20 working days to process an application. We call this our "clock". On Sunday 20 December 2020 the clock will stop (the last day will be Friday 18 December), consents may still be processed during this time but will not be measured against the 20 day timeframe. The clock will resume as normal on 11 January.
LIM application processing changes
All LIM applications must be in by 12pm on 9 December to ensure they are processed before the holidays, urgent LIM applications must be in by 12pm on 17 December. Normal processing deadlines may not be met after this date. Normal processing will resume 11 January.
Rates direct debit change deadline
The last day to make changes to your rates direct debit payments is 17 December.
If you wish to apply for a special licence for an event over the Christmas - New Year period please note all special licences require 20 working days for processing (excluding the day of filing of the application and the day of the event). Special licences for events over the holiday period cannot be processed after 16 November unless exceptional circumstances apply where the event could not have been predicted earlier, eg funerals.
The Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 has a close down period for processing of licence applications from 20 December to 15 January. We regret applications received late may not be able to be issued for events over the Christmas period.