Below is a list of road closures in our district. There is also a list of roads with roadworks taking place still open, but under traffic management. Please phone 0800 492 452 to report any road issues which aren't included on this list.
For information on State Highways please check out Waka Kotahi's Journey Planner.
Last updated: 16 November 2023.
Scheduled road closures
- Port Waikato-Waikaretu Road, 4km stretch at Limestone Downs up to Baker Road intersection, 19 November, Pukekohe Car Club rallysprint
- Fullerton Road, Rotokauri, 20 November to 15 December, to replace collapsed culvert, entire road closed to through traffic, but services such as rubbish collection, post, Fonterra, emergency service will be able to access properties either side of the work site.
- Laxon Road, Whatawhata, at the intersection with Sh39, night-time closures on 26 November and 27 November, for resealing of SH39.
- Christmas parade road closure - Huntly, Main Street, 2 December, 9am to 1.30pm.
- Christmas parade road closure - Pookeno, Gateway Park, 8 December, 4.30pm to 9pm.
- Christmas parade road closure - Raglan, Wi Neera Street, 10 December, 5pm to 9pm.
- Christmas parade road closure - Te Kauwhata, 15 December, 6pm to 8pm.
Other upcoming major works and events under traffic management:
- Great South Road, Ngaaruawaahia, between Kelm Rd intersection and Ngaaruawaahia Bridge, starting mid-September, lasting for three months, new wastewater pipe installation works, under traffic management.
- Riverview Road, Huntly, watermain renewal, traffic management in place, lasting for three months from 1 September, under traffic management.
- Great South Road, south of Huntly by Taupiri Maunga, road surface repairs, traffic management in place until 25 November.
- Holland Road, until 15 December, road repairs, under traffic management
- Gordonton Road, between Boyd Road and Graham Road, 2 November to 15 December, WEL Networks renewing power lines, under traffic management
- Helenslee Road, Pookeno, between Gateshead Road and Hillpark Road, watermain extension, from 2 November to 22 December, under traffic management
- River Road/Lake Road intersection, 6 November to 15 December, roundabout construction preparation works, under traffic management, team to return after Christmas break to do earthworks.
- Dominion Road, Tuakau, watermain renewal, traffic management in place, lasting for three months from 1 September, under traffic management.
- Morrinsville Rd, Newstead ( from LIC round-a-bout to expressway overbridge) – watermain renewal – starting October lasting for 3 months, under traffic management.
Keeping safe around roadworks
Everyday our workers are out making the roads safer. And everyone can help keep them safe.
When you see a roadworks sign, always slow down and be ready to stop.