As a member of the Waikato Building Consent Group our Building Quality team is here to help you every step of the way. We work together with the other seven councils within the group, to bring
consistency to the building consent process and make life easier for you by guiding you through the building consent process.
Our Building Quality team currently receives and issues around 2,000 building consents per year, along with consents for a wide range of building related projects, from wood burning heaters to multi-storey buildings. The team also:
- provides advice and assistance around the building consents process
- processes the consents
- carries out building inspections
- records and monitors building warrants of fitness
- ensures the provisions of the Building (Pools) Amendment Act 2016 are complied with.
Contact our Building Quality team if:
- you'd like to sit down and chat with us first before beginning your building consent application
- you require more information and/or advice when preparing your application or after your application has been submitted
- you'd like to request a building inspection.
Our main office in Ngaruawahia deals with all building related enquiries, including booking inspection appointments and Certificates of Public Use, Notice to Fix, Infringements and Unauthorised Building Work Notices. We also have Building Quality
team staff including inspectors in our Tuakau office who will pick up these enquiries from our main office as appropriate.
Building inspectors are available by appointment.
Book a building inspection
To help with processing efficiency, our building consent processing officers (building, engineering, planning) focus solely on processing applications between 10.00am - 3.00pm each day. If you call between these times with a processing question we’ll take a message and a processing officer will get back to you. Our building consent processing officers aim to respond to phone and email enquiries before 10.00am the next business day.
Waikato Building Consents Group website
The Waikato Building Consents Group website is for anyone who is working in the local building industry or is involved in a building project, large or small. The group website
provides extensive information on the building consent process, building consent requirements and other information, including: