Our communities often ask “What is the Creative Communities Scheme?”
The Creative Communities Scheme is a fund aimed at supporting art activities that celebrate the uniqueness of the Waikato district, its cultural traditions and diversity, including Toi Māori. Its goal is to increase participation from the local community in the arts sector and encourage young people to participate in local arts. ‘Art’s’ is broadly defined to mean all forms of creative and interpretative expression.
For example, the Creative Communities Scheme has recently awarded a grant for ‘The Raglan Lyricist Lounge sessions’ to support a dynamic series of vocalist-focused workshops, offering creative writing and performance skills exploration and development for youth. Our Creative Communities Scheme has also awarded a grant to Toi Ako Artspace in Te Kauwhata for a Matariki Community Carving Festival. To celebrate Matariki in Te Kauwhata and Meremere this community group is running a series of workshops each designed around the Māori traditions of pounamu, stone and soap carving.
It is through the Creative Communities Scheme that we advocate for and support projects and initiatives that celebrate our District’s identity through its arts activities.
Applications will only be considered when submitted in our application form on this page below. It will be considered by our Assessment Committee made up of eight people.
Previous projects that have received funding:
Who can apply?
- Individuals or groups can apply.
- Individuals must be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
Eligibility for the Creative Communities Scheme
To be eligible for the Creative Communities Scheme, your project must:
- take place within Waikato District
- be completed within 12 months of funding being approved
- benefit local communities
- not have started or finished before CCS funding is approved
- not have already been funded through Creative New Zealand’s other arts funding programmes.
Applications are now closed for round two of the 2021-2022 financial year.
Please see the application form and supporting documentation below. Completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com with the title of your project and CCS Funding Application in the subject line.
- Applications for round one open Monday 16 May 2022 and close at 5pm, Friday 29 July 2022.
- Applications will be heard by the Assessment Committee on Thursday 1 September 2022.
Please note we have updated the application form relating to this fund. If you have any old forms please do not use these when making future applications to the fund.
For queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your feedback!