Skip to content

Taking over a food business

Whakahaere he pakihi kai


Food control plans and national programmes are non-transferable.

If you take over an existing food business, you will need to apply for a new food control plan or a new national programme.

Apply for food registration

If you intend to alter or expand the business operation, check with your Environmental Health Officer that the premises are suitable for the new activity or purpose or if a new registration may be required.