A Land Information Memorandum (LIM) is a summary of information we hold about a property. This information could include some of all of the items listed below:
- Special land features and potential hazards (such as erosion or subsidence).
- District Plan information (such as zoning or heritage listings).
- Consents, certificates, notices, orders or requisitions affecting the land or buildings and rates information (such as current rating valuation and arrears). (Note that for resource consents and building consents currently being processed, basic info
only can be supplied: full details will not be available until the consent has gone through the complete process).
- Water and waste services (such as plans).
LIMs do not usually include the following information:
- Information in relation to state highways. Please contact your local NZ Transport Agency (NZTA) office for this information.
- Plans for and activities related to any parks and reserves in the vicinity of the property.
- Network utilities - electricity and gas and telephone connections. Information may be obtained from the relevant utility companies.
- Any decisions related to adjacent properties.
How to order a LIM report
Or email us directly at email@example.com and we will send out an application form to you.
If you have any further queries about applying for a LIM report, call us on our freephone 0800 492 452 and ask to speak to the LIMs team.
Note: if you are providing a record of title to us, it will need to have been obtained less than two months ago.
Validity of your LIM
Only a current LIM is valid for the purposes of a Sale and Purchase Agreement. A LIM report does not include a physical inspection of the property. You should always compare the information on the LIM with what is on the property as the Council may not have been notified of something concerning the property. There is no guarantee that the information about a property (especially old information) exists. A LIM should not be confused with a Project Information Memorandum (PIM) report which has a different use and purpose.
Cost and timeframes
We are required to provide a LIM within 10 working days once a request has been received.
|Zone ||Fee |
|Urban/country living/new residential ||$285|
|Rural/coastal & pa zone ||$405|
|Urgent LIMs||Zone cost + $130|
|Record of Title||$50|
If you are unsure what zone the property is in, use our Maps Online tool to find out.
For full details, see our fees and charges schedule.