PLANNED OUTAGE This website will be unavailable for 20 minutes from 8am, Tuesday 16 April for maintenance. Please email or phone if you need assistance during this time.
Skip to content

Prepare permitted boundary activity

If your proposal is a boundary activity you may qualify to apply for a Permitted Boundary Activity. This is a faster and cheaper process then a resource consent.

When you can apply

In order to qualify for a Permitted Boundary Activity you will need to demonstrate that you have one or more infringement/s of only boundary rules and you have the written approval of the neighbour/s of the infringed boundary/boundaries.

When you can’t apply

If any part of the application is for a boundary activity and you cannot get written approval from the neighbouring owners you will need to apply for a standard resource consent (land use).

Also you cannot apply if you are building close to a public boundary. A public boundary includes a boundary with any of the following:

  • a public road or walkway
  • a public open space
  • a stream, river, or lake
  • the coast
  • an esplanade reserve or strip
  • any other reserve
  • any land owned by council or the crown (e.g. public schools).

More information