Waikato District Council in Te Kauwhata
Te Kauwhata office and library
Phone: 07 826 4820
1 Main Road, Te Kauwhata
Find us on Google Maps
Amenities and services
Here’s a summary of what you’ll find in Te Kauwhata:
- Broadband available
- Four churches
- Te Kauwhata Lions’ RSA Hall
- Te Kauwhata Library
- One medical centre
- Sports clubs and venues – including golf, rugby, netball, squash, cricket, tennis, swimming, bowling, community fitness centre
- Te Kauwhata bus services (inter-regional only)
- Elderly care – Aparangi Retirement Village, comprising large individual houses, smaller apartments and flats and a care unit certified to hospital standard
- Local governance via the Waikato District Council and the Te Kauwhata Community Committee.
Nearest other amenities and services outside Te Kauwhata:
Other medical centres and healthcare facilities are also available in the town of Huntly, 20km to the south. Hospitals are available in Hamilton or Auckland.
There are three early childhood learning centres in Te Kauwhata, one primary school (years 1 to 6) and one secondary school (years 7 to 13).
More about Te Kauwhata and the Waikato district
Get more district profile and investment information on the Open Waikato website, including a presentation from Waikato district Mayor, Allan Sanson.
The Open Waikato website also has a wealth of background information on the Waikato district, whether you're building or developing here; thinking of moving here; or wanting to know about businesses, industry, current projects and developments, case studies, demographics, land values, migration, population and other future projections for the district or a specific area within it.
Take a quick tour with Mayor Allan Sanson as he explains why you should visit, live and invest in the Waikato district.
Find out more about iwi in our district and land and property including planning, development, resource consents and building consents.