Skip to content

This license authorises the holder to sell or supply alcohol for consumption off the premises. There must be a person with a current manager’s certificate on duty at all times when alcohol is being sold or supplied to the public.

The Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 outlines the types of premises that are able to hold an off-license. Supermarkets and grocery stores with off-licenses are only able to sell beer and wine. There are also some special categories of endorsed off-license for auctioneers and remote sales.

  • View the license fees
  • Applications must be accompanied by required information and approvals
  • For premises, a planning certificate and building certificate must be obtained from the Council to certify that the proposed use of the premises meets the requirements of the Resource Management Act and the Building Code

An application pack containing all required application forms and guideline information can be sent to you by contacting us or downloaded using the link below.

Related documents