Skip to content

This license authorises the holder to sell or supply alcohol for consumption on the premises. Alcohol can not be removed from the premises. There must be a person with a current manager’s certificate on duty at all times when alcohol is being sold or supplied to the public.

On-licenses can be issued for premises or conveyances such as aircraft, buses, boats and trains. An endorsed on-license can also be issued to allow only BYO or for a caterer to supply alcohol at a catered function.

  • View the license fees
  • Applications must be accompanied by required information and approvals
  • For premises a planning certificate and building certificate must be obtained from us to certify that the proposed use of the premises meets the requirements of the Resource Management Act and the Building Code.

An application pack containing all required application forms and guideline information can be sent to you by contacting us or downloaded using the link below.


It is a condition of all on licenses that food is available at all times liquor is available for sale. The preparation and sale of food must be undertaken in registered food premises. Please contact an environmental health officer to discuss requirements for selling food.

Information on food safety requirements.

Related documents