Population: 7,491 (2016 estimate) with growth projected to reach 8,295 by 2045.
We came to Huntly in August 2018 and heard what was important to you. You told us what you wanted to see in your community in the future. We heard lots of great ideas and a number of these initiatives can be found below. We came back to you in 2019 to hear what your top three priorities are for Huntly.
We visited again in June/July 2020 to discuss who should lead each of these initiatives for Huntly. This latest round of feedback asked for your thoughts on the priority ranking and who should be leading each initiative. Is the priority still top, or is something else more important. Should Council or the community, or perhaps a mix of both, be leading the initiative? Feedback closed on 17 July.
The top priority initiatives for Huntly include:
- Promote a Puketirini and Kimihia (east mine) employment, skills and technology cluster
- Promote a Puketirini and Kimihia (east mine) building fabrication construction cluster
- Support the central interchange of the Waikato Expressway
- Continue to support the youth strategy to tie in with the development of the above proposed clusters
- Moved to district-wide, but still top: build a strong identity
View your Local Area Blueprint initiatives in more detail below
or download the Waikato District Blueprint for more information.