Population: 2,326 (2016 estimate) with growth projected to reach 2,832 by 2045.
We came to Matangi in October 2018 and heard what was important to you. You told us what you wanted to see in your community in the future. We heard lots of great ideas and a number of these initiatives can be found below. We came back to you in 2019 to hear what your top three priorities are for Matangi.
We visited again in June/July 2020 to discuss who should lead each of these initiatives for Matangi. This latest round of feedback asked for your thoughts on the priority ranking and who should be leading each initiative. Is the priority still top, or is something else more important. Should Council or the community, or perhaps a mix of both, be leading the initiative? Feedback closed on 17 July.
The top priority initiatives for Matangi include:
- Produce a village centre plan
- Provide traffic calming and improved parking opportunities along the central section of Tauwhare Road
- Construct a footpath along Matangi Road up to Fuchsia Lane and create further connections to accommodate walking from the village centre to Hillcrest
- Establish a Heritage, Cultural and New Economy Business Cluster
- Moved to district-wide, but still top: build a strong identity
View your Local Area Blueprint initiatives in more detail below or download the Waikato District Blueprint for more information.
Below are the most recent progress reports (from September 2022) on implementing initiatives in the Local Area Blueprints and the Districtwide Blueprint. The summary updates have been based on input from staff, Councillors and Community Board / Committee Chairs.
If you aware of any errors or can provide additional updates, please contact Jim Ebenhoh, Planning and Policy Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The intent is for these progress reports to be updated every six months.