Population: 1,623 (2016 estimate) with growth projected to reach 2,122 by 2045
We came to Te Kowhai in October 2018 and heard what was important to you. You told us what you wanted to see in your community in the future. We heard lots of great ideas and a number of these initiatives can be found below. We came back to you in 2019 to hear what your top three priorities are for Te Kowhai.
We visited again in June/July 2020 to discuss who should lead each of these initiatives for Te Kowhai. This latest round of feedback asked for your thoughts on the priority ranking and who should be leading each initiative. Is the priority still top, or is something else more important. Should Council or the community, or perhaps a mix of both, be leading the initiative? Feedback closed on 17 July.
The top priority initiatives for Te Kowhai include
- Support the completion of the Te Otamanui walkway by the community
- Create a village green by expanding sports fields and include changing rooms and public toilets
- Provide longer distance walking and cycling connections from the Te Otamanui walkway along the Waipa River to Ngaruawahia
- Support the expansion or intensification of the airpark with commercial uses associated with aeronautical activities
- Moved to district-wide, but still top: build a strong identity
View your Local Area Blueprint initiatives in more detail below or download the Waikato District Blueprint for more information.