We came to Ohinewai in October 2018 and heard what was important to you. You told us what you wanted to see in your community in the future. We heard lots of great ideas and a number of these initiatives can be found below. We came back to you in 2019 to hear what your top three priorities are for Ohinewai.
We visited again in June/July 2020 to discuss who should lead each of these initiatives for Ohinewai. This latest round of feedback asked for your thoughts on the priority ranking and who should be leading each initiative. Is the priority still top, or is something else more important. Should Council or the community, or perhaps a mix of both, be leading the initiative? Feedback closed on 17 July.
The top priority initiatives for Ohinewai include:
- Ensure possible expansion addresses its own impacts (such as traffic, noise, and visual), and ensuring it contributes positively to the local community.
- Clarify the future of the reserve
- Investigate the potential for larger residential lots west of SH1, and a mix of larger and smaller lots (for affordability) east of SH1.
- Create tracks on the stop bank along the Waikato River and around Lake Ohinewa
- Moved to district-wide, but still top: build a strong identity
View your Local Area Blueprint initiatives in more detail below
or download the Waikato District Blueprint for more information.