Population: Ngaruawahia: 5,424 (2016 estimate) with growth projected to reach 5,615 by 2045
We came to Ngaruawahia in August 2018 and heard what was important to you. You told us what you wanted to see in your community in the future. We heard lots of great ideas and a number of these initiatives can be found below. We came back to you in 2019 to hear what your top three priorities are for Ngaruawahia.
We visited again in June/July 2020 to discuss who should lead each of these initiatives for Ngaruawahia. This latest round of feedback asked for your thoughts on the priority ranking and who should be leading each initiative. Is the priority still top, or is something else more important. Should Council or the community, or perhaps a mix of both, be leading the initiative? Feedback closed on 17 July.
The top priority initiatives for Ngaruawahia include:
- Undertake strategic conversations around Council-owned land and halls for reinvigoration of community assets
- Produce a planting plan and social space at Te Mana o te Rangi reserve
- Work with relevant entities to support the strategy for youth initiatives
- Undertake initiatives to ensure tidy commercial and industrial street frontages.
- Provide longer distance walking and cycling connections to Te Otamanui, Glen Massey, the eastern side of the Waikato River to Horotiu, and Taupiri
- Promote local cultural tourism by local iwi
- Moved to district-wide, but still top: build a strong identity
View your Local Area Blueprint initiatives in more detail below
or download the Waikato District Blueprint for more information.
Below are the most recent progress reports (from September 2022) on implementing initiatives in the Local Area Blueprints and the Districtwide Blueprint. The summary updates have been based on input from staff, Councillors and Community Board / Committee Chairs.
If you aware of any errors or can provide additional updates, please contact Jim Ebenhoh, Planning and Policy Manager, at email@example.com. The intent is for these progress reports to be updated every six months.